But another very important part of the house that should also be given attention is the garage door.
The Garage Doors
A garage is being protected by the garage door and it also protects everything that is placed inside it, including your vehicles.
If you want to make sure that the vehicles and the items inside the garage are well protected, the garage doors must also be maintained and repaired for any broken parts.
Garage door is also a very prominent part of the house and it is what other people usually see on the exterior because of its size.
Garage Door Maintenance
Maintenance of residential garage door is actually very easy. In order for this part of the abode to continue serving the tasks that it has been made to do, maintaining it at regular intervals is a must.
Every six months, homeowners should be able to clean the glass windows of the garage doors. This is to remove the grime and the dirt that have accumulated for the past 6 months. A regular glass cleaner can be used for this activity.
The surface of the entire garage door must also be wiped with the use of a sponge or a wash cloth. You can easily whip up a mixture of water and detergent to use during the process. Both of these should be done twice a year.
A thorough inspection of all the garage door parts has to be done once a year.
- You need to be able to check the rollers of the garage door.
- Check the wheels if they are broken or look at the bearings if they are already worn out.
- It is also important to check the hinges. Determine if it is broken or it is just loose.
- Check for any loose bolts and screws.
- As you do your inspection, list the parts that need replacement and repair and tighten the loose portions immediately.
Purchase the necessary parts from the hardware and replace them as soon as possible.